Russian speaking criminal defense attorney in New York city
Rovshan Sharifov is an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney in New York, a former prosecutor. Mr. Sharifov has been practicing criminal law for almost 20 years. Mr. Sharifov is the founder and principal of Sharifov & Associates, PLLC. Prior to that, Mr. Sharifov was a Managing Partner and Co-founder of Sharifov & Russell, LLP, a criminal defense law firm. Prior to that, in August 2002, Mr. Sharifov was appointed Assistant District Attorney by the Honorable Denis Dillon, District Attorney of Nassau County. Mr. Sharifov continued his service after Honorable Kathleen M. Rice became the DA of Nassau County.
As a former prosecutor in the Nassau County District Attorney's Office, Mr. Sharifov has gained valuable insight into the workings of the New York justice system. Mr. Sharifov has experience in handling all types of criminal charges, from misdemeanors to felonies, drug crimes, weapon charges, white collar crimes, robbery, burglary, mortgage and insurance fraud, Medicaid and Medicare fraud, money laundering, bank fraud and conspiracy, grand larcenies, petit larcenies, embezzlement, DWI/DUI, suspended licenses and many other areas of criminal law. Mr. Sharifov also participated in the training for Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), which was sponsored by the Nassau County Police Department. As a prosecutor, Mr. Sharifov tried multiple cases to verdict ranging from felonies to misdemeanors, including DWI.
russian speaking criminal defense attorney in Brooklyn
Prior to joining the District Attorney's Office, Mr. Sharifov worked as a law clerk at the New York State Office of the Attorney General under Elliot Spitzer. There Mr. Sharifov was assigned to the Investor Protection Bureau where he participated in the investigation and enforcement of the anti-fraud laws of the New York State. Prior to that Mr. Sharifov interned at the Kings County District Attorney’s office in Brooklyn, where he assisted in criminal prosecutions. Mr. Sharifov is a professional chess player. In February 2016, Mr. Sharifov has also been appointed Associate Justice in the Village of South Floral Park, Nassau County, New York.
Mr. Sharifov has been quoted by the media in his representations of clients in high profile cases including NBC New York, New York Post, New York Daily News, Washington Times, CBS New York, Associated Press, Brooklyn Daily, Russia Today, ITAR TASS, PIX 11, Moscow Times, US News, RTVI America, FIOS/News, and other publications. His interviews appeared on TV channels such as NBC New York, Channel 12 News, and CBS New York.
attorney for suspended license in Nassau county
- New York Law School, New York, JD 2002.
- Honors: Magna cum laude; Recipient of Public Interest Fellowship, 2001
- New York University, 1997 B.A.
Current/Past Professional Organizations:
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Former Assistant District Attorneys Association (FADA)
- New York State Association of Chiefs of Police
- New York State Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Magistrates Association
- NAFDD Superior DWI Attorney
- 2022 New York Metro Super Lawyers
- 2021 New York Metro Super Lawyers
- 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers
- 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers
- TOP AVVO Rated Attorney
- The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association 2014
- Marquis Who’s Who in America 2008, 2010, 2014
- Named 2016 Superior DWI Attorney by NAFDD
- Marquis Who’s Who in American Law 2016
- 10 Best 2017 Attorneys
- Contributing Expert, Criminal Law, WJP Rule of Law Index 2021, 2022
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court. Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court. Eastern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Combatting Auto Crime in New York, Prosecutors Training Institute, 2005
- Fluent in Russian.
Areas of Practice:
- CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- Criminal Defense: State and Federal Courts
- All Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Pre-Arrest Investigation and Representation
- Grand Jury
- Plea Negotiations
- Hearings and Trials
- DWI, DUI, Suspended/Revoked Licenses
- BUSINESS LAW
- Incorporation. Start-ups
- Business Entities
- Contracts. Negotiations
- LLC & Shareholder Agreements
- Foreign Investments
- Non- Disclosure & Employment Agreements
- REAL ESTATE
- Commercial & Residential Leases
- Purchase & Sale of Real Estate
- Acquisition Consulting
- Real Estate Development and Investment
- International Projects
As Seen On...
Awards & Affiliations...
Long Island Office 50 Main Street Hempstead, New York, 11550 Tel. 516-505-2300 Fax 516-505-2379
Skype: relshan Email: SharifovR@LawfirmSR.com
NYC Office 1629 Sheepshead Bay Rd Brooklyn, New York 11235 Tel. 718-368-2800 Fax 516-505-2379
Skype: relshan Email: SharifovR@LawfirmSR.com